Monday, March 3, 2014

Yet Another Terrorist Attack

11 people, including a judge, Rafaqat Awan, were killed and more than 30 people injured today when unidentified assailants opened fire and threw crackers in a court in the F-8 area of Islamabad. TTP has denied any involvement in the attack, saying they would not violate the ceasefire that they had announced just a couple of days earlier.

It doesn't matter right now who was behind the attacks. Well, it does, but that's not why I decided to write this post. It was horrifying to wake up to the news of people dying in my city but what literally made my mind go insane is the picture below. 
Taken from the court attack in Islamabad today


This is human blood. A person died here. A human life was lost. The people that died today, they must have woken up, late to court today, perhaps skipped their breakfast, in a hurry to get to court.. But for what? To lose their lives? Is that what today cost them? And what about their loved ones? What about them sending their beloved ones out into the world, thinking they'll meet them in the evening only to get the news within an hour that there has been an attack and that they're dead, or critically injured? Also, what of people who have no idea where there loved ones are?

This blood.. Doesn't it look like slaughter? Like when Muslims kills animals on Eid day and the blood covers the ground? This is what this looks like. Human slaughter. I've said this on countless occasions and I will say it again - we have forgotten the value of a human life. Even today, when I know the people of my country and city have been killed and critically injured, much as it breaks my heart, it's just a number. The first thought that came to my mind when I got to know of the blast was - how many people died? It didn't matter to me that even one person dying was enough. I just wanted to know the stats. And it's not just me. Stats are what matter now. Less than 10 people die, it was nothing important. More die, and people start flaring up.

11 people lost their lives today. Why? We might never know. By whom? No idea. But somehow, in the bigger scheme of things, it doesn't matter. What matters is that eleven families have been affected today. They might never be able to forget 3rd March, 2014, which was supposed to be just another day.

I just want to request you all to pray for the people who passed away today, and for the people who have been severely injured. They deserve a prayer, to say the least. I would also like to request prayers for the affected families. May they be able to bear this horrible, horrible loss with strength and dignity.




No comments:

Post a Comment