Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Imran Khan kay followers ka jazba jawan!

So today, me and my mum were on our way to Blue area for some shopping when we saw all a couple of PTI banners, floating past us. My mum, seeing them, got all worried - oho phans jayain gay, ghar pohanchtay pohanchtay raat ho jaye gi. Anyway so we took an alternative route, did our shopping in Blue Area and went to Jinnah - only to be surrounded by PTI cars and loud music and people raising slogans like - Jeetay ga bhaii jeetay ga, Imran Khan jeetay ga, or Daikho daikho kaun aaya, sher ka shikari aaya.
Now I'm not a huge fan of politics, or any political party because of the way they twist things, but I had to admit, the "jazba" of the youth was worth watching. While I sat there waiting for our car to get out of the blockage (and my mum's constant worries kay ghar nahin pohanchain gay time per), it was a whole new experience to see a majority of Islamabad's youth waving PTI's flag, and singing songs, sitting in their car windows and hooting and screaming and waving everyone they passed by. Now I may seem too pro-PTI (which I'm not =p), it was something of a very heart warming feeling to see everyone on a united front when their leader suffers a fall and is in the Intensive Care Unit of a hospital, and can't really proceed with his election campaign. So instead of him carrying out the campaign, his supporters were carrying it out for him. They were seen all around Islamabad today, with their music, and their slogans, and their flags - but mostly you could notice them because of their enthusiasm.

On a side note, I could see a PML-N car caught in the whole jam. I hope they don't beat him to death =\

No comments:

Post a Comment