Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Fathers Day, abbu

Since a month, there has been a huge hype about Fathers Day. Everywhere I went, there were posters about buying a gift for your hero, your first love, your best friend and your role model. There were gifts and cards to get for him. Fathers' Day was trending on Twitter. Even Pinterest had made a category named "For Dad" - gifts and ideas on how to make Fathers' Day special.

It was a wonderful yet heartbreaking week for me. Wonderful because the world was all hyped up to make their dads feel special. And heartbreaking because I wish I could have had one more day with my father, too. To make him feel special. To make him feel loved. To let him know that I had never taken him for granted. But alas, you only realize the value of someone when they leave you.

I avoided Facebook and Twitter all day on Fathers' Day to avoid any statuses and tweets which would make me well up. It turns out I didn't need that, anyway. The TV was full of Fathers' Day messages and so were the newspapers. All I could think of was how I wish I had someone whose day I could have made special.

So I think I will make it special for him by talking to him, yes it's a one-sided conversation but it doesn't hurt to try, right? Here goes - Happy Fathers' Day, abbu. I love you from the core of my heart. I wish you had been here so that I could have told you I love you in person. I would have made you smile. I would have joked around with you. I would have done everything I hadn't before I lost you. I would never have taken you for granted. I would never have let you go.
I miss you. Every single day, I miss you. And it feels like a searing pain that just won't go away. Every second of every day, I feel a hole in my heart, I feel an emptiness in my life. I have tried to fill it in every way possible but I just can't. The hole just feels like it is getting bigger and bigger as years pass by. I wish you were here to see me, where I am right now. I know you would have been so proud of me. I know it but I wish you were here to say that out loud.
I hope you're watching over me from above and protecting me. I love you Dad, and I always will. They say it gets better with time, but I've noticed that it just gets worse. Because as I grow older, I realize I need you advice, your comfort, you around me, and I just feel something's missing a lot lately. I've managed fine somehow, but I hope wherever you are, you're happy and smiling, and satisfied with how everything turned out. I love you. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment